Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chapter 2 Opposition

Opposition, 3005
Rule number one, never open the door to strangers. We live in a dangerous world. You cannot trust anyone. If you open the door to strangers, everyone will die. Do you want that on your conscience? Rule number two, kill first, ask later. If in doubt, just pull the trigger, you don't want to get infected. Rule number three, don't trust the scientists and doctors. They don't know anything, even though they think they know everything. Where did the plague come from? It was probably from a lab ran by scientists and doctors, how can you trust them? Rule number four, people from the Moon are traitors, people in the hospitals are zombies, people who are walking around are probably sick and will become zombies, you can shoot them all because they either left you behind to die or they will kill you. Rule number five, you can only trust your map, your car, your gun, your food, your water, they keep you alive, nothing else matters.
My name is Peter Bates and I am the Opposition Leader. Our colony is the closest to Hope Hospital where they keep all the sick people. We are also quite close to the space port where the rich and famous ran away to the beautiful little place called Moon. I was a farmer, my family and my friends came to me after everyone left. Some of them didn't make it into the colony, some of them did. We have our own water supply, our farm produce uncontaminated food, we even have a stash of weapons.
The Bible said that the end of the world will come, and it certainly has come. People are being judged, but I don't know whether they are judged fairly or not. The plague takes everyone, it is blind. It takes children, it takes women, it takes men, it takes evil people, it takes good people, it takes the rich and the poor. Have we seen any angels yet? I haven't, and I certainly look forward to see one.
Chance is my best friend. He is a farmer as well, but he had a chicken farm. His sister Faith came with him. Chance is tall and strong, he's good at shooting. He brought most of the weapon to my farm. Faith is a nurse, she took some medical supplies with her. She has light blond hair. Faith had a baby and she didn't like to talk about it because no one knows who the father is. She lost the baby to the plague. Angus and Blair are twins. They lived in town. Angus worked in the corner store, Blair worked as a mechanic. They brought some food and tools. My parents died a few years back, leaving the farm to me. I was going to get married with my fiance, but we lost touch. I don't know whether she's still alive or not, but I think she understands that I can't go out there to find her. It's too dangerous.
More people have came to the farm and some of them built their own houses or tents in the paddock. We put up a wire fence around the perimeter after the people got violent and started to trash the place. A door went up as well, heavy and thick. People brought their animals, kids, toys, food, supplies, clothes, cars with them. We are trying to sit this one out although no one knows for sure how long this is going to last.

No comments: