Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The baby ultrasounds and the baby photos

We feel happy for all those women who are about to have babies, and those who already have babies. This remind me of the episode of Sex and The City when Carrie's shoes were ruined in a birthday party. If women have to buy big birthday presents for their friend's children, then it is only fair that they should pay money to repair or replace her shoes when her friend's expensive shoes were ruined.
It is your choice to get pregnant, and we are happy for you, but it is also very difficult to look at those photos or ultrasound pictures when you can't get pregnant. The reason may be infertility, and if you are a sensitive friend, you won't put the photos in front of a friend who is unable to conceive, right? Wrong. A lot of women just do it, they don't care about what their friends think or feel. Do you know that you are hurting someone's feeling? No.
We want to congratulate all the mother-to-be and all the mothers in the world. I am not a "mother" bashing blogger, but I think a line has to be drawn when the ultrasound pictures and photos are everywhere and you can't get away from them! It's so much pressure! It's so sad for people who can't afford to have babies! When the time comes, I don't think I will post those photos online. It's going to hurt my single friends who aren't even married. It's going to hurt my friends who can't have children for any reason. Yes, I am happy when I am pregnant, but I am not going to make my friends unhappy. Will I post photos of my kids online? Yes, but not the naked ones. I will definitely look at those photos and think for a few minutes whether my kids will regret about the photos that I posted online because they will use internet in the future. Do they want their baby photos floating around somewhere in the cyberspace? If they do, or they won't mind, then I will put them on, otherwise I will not put them on.
I felt so upset about the ultrasound pictures and photos before. I don't know if anyone else feel the same, but if you do, leave a comment.

No comments: